The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides:
- Up to $50/month discount for broadband service;
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands;
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who is Eligible?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Check out www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit for a Consumer FAQ and other program resources.
Three Ways to Apply
- Contact Inter Mountain Cable, Coalfields Telephone or Mikrotec CATV directly to learn more about our application process.
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online and to find participating providers near you.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it along with proof of eligibility
Mail to: Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742